Monday, July 12, 2010

The Crazies

Well, I didn't hear about this movie until it got released on DVD at my place of employment, and after seeing it I think I know why that was the case. It was pretty much a half-assed zombie movie with half-assed zombies. Everybody pretty much dies in the end....but the zombies (if that's even what they are) aren't even zombies!!

Some super-generic bio-hazard substance has found its way into the water system of your generic, midwest American town turning its victims "crazy" (I guess). Slowly but surely, everyone gets infected, the government intervenes, and nukes everyone so the substance doesn't spread. The story follows a couple trying to leave the town, but they're doomed from the beginning, and everyone knows that, so I don't really know why they even made a movie out of this. It would have almost been a little better if contact from the fake-zombies turned you into a zombie, but it doesn't. AND!! You don't even have to shoot the fake-zombies in the head to kill them! LAME.

No comments:

Post a Comment