Saturday, June 5, 2010

The Day After Tomorrow

Jake Gyllenhal really is only good at playing an angsty teen...really shows you only how far one can get with just a pretty face. HA! I'm very conflicted about this movie....it was sort of good, but it was also way too long. Actually I lied. I really just wanted to turn it off about 35 minutes into the movie because the absolute ridiculousness of it was just too much. I decided I had to finish watching it though for the sake of this blog. I also kept looking at the timer on the dvd player, and time crept on way too slowly.

I don't think I'll be watching any more end of the world/death-by-earth movies anymore (read: I'm not watching 2012). Has there even been any evidence of this rapid of a climate change?! I'm no geologist or meteorologist or climatologist, but that just seems too crazy. I mean, Chicago has it's bi-polar days with 80 degrees one day, and then 2 inches of snow the next (yes, this actually happened!!) But, is that really enough evidence for something as drastic as what happened in this movie to happen?? I'm sorry, but i just think "extreme" movies are ridiculous. I like my movies to be at least a little bit realistic...

So I guess if you like disaster movies with death and destruction and lots of snow, this one's for you, chumly.

No comments:

Post a Comment