Tuesday, June 8, 2010

Kiss Kiss Bang Bang


So, I really enjoyed Val Kilmer in The Salton Sea. If you haven't seen it, I highly suggest you do. He was a bit younger and a little less of a chubster, so this movie made me not like his looks all that much anymore, but the character he plays is hilarious. Also, Robert Downey Jr.: I just love everything about his part in this from the bantering narration to his lowly antics. I'd like to have a drink with this guy one day.

Well, this masterpiece of a film was directed by the same guy that did the Lethal Weapon movies- Shane Black. [here, look him up on Wiki: Shane Black] I have yet to see that, but it is on my to-do list!! (which keeps growing and growing..yikes!) There aren't many other notable actors in this one apart from Kilmer and Downey, Jr., but Michele Monaghan has a decent part. (She's really pretty. I am jealous).

This whole movie is darkly comical, and you definitely have to have a certain sense of humor to watch it. (i.e. one of those where you won't be disturbed that a coffin is hanging off of a highway sign with the poor girl's arm hanging out of it...). Also, Gay Perry (Kilmer) is a brilliant character- he might be gay, but is trying not to be, but still is....you just don't know!...or maybe you do! I also couldn't get enough of Harry's narration. Hi-freakin-larious!! "I saw Lord of the Rings...this movie won't end 17 fucking times.") HAHA! I can't get enough of it. I have to watch this again. ASAP!

Well...maybe tomorrow morning.

3 comments:

  1. After seeing Salton Sea, I always think of Val Kilmer having his nards eaten by a badger.

    ReplyDelete
  2. but the don't get eaten!! some other guy's does though...and fuckin pooh bear's nose (or lack thereof)..man.

    ReplyDelete
  3. and i thought they were rabid rats or something...i dunno. i haven't seen it in a while.

    ReplyDelete