Wednesday, June 16, 2010

Wolfman (2010)


Well, here's the "new" redone Wolfman. I've never seen the original(s), but my dearest Aunt Pat said the wolfman looked the same as when she was younger and watched these series....which she means to say it looked just as terrible.

This movie has a few people of note: Benicio de Toro, Anthony Hopkins, Emily Blunt, Michael Cronin. It was released in theaters just this past February and came pretty quick to DVD and Blu-ray. To me, that just seems like someone is trying to make a quick buck, which after watching this movie I can see why they felt that.

Wolfman gets off to a bit of a slow start, posing questions without answers, showing mysterious old men with canes and gypsies with secret spells and stories which forces you to stick around for the whole movie. It wasn't entirely intriguing, and the most exciting bits of it were in the last 20 minutes. I didn't think the costuming of the Wolfman was all that great either; there was something just not quite right about the way they looked. I think it's because they looked too human-esque and just looking like those people with that weird hair disease that makes excessive amounts of hair grow all over their face and body. Oh well.

I'm glad I didn't watch this in theaters. I would have been severely disappointed and pissed off that I wasted 7 bucks.

No comments:

Post a Comment