Wednesday, June 9, 2010

Dial "M" for Murder


First off, I'd like to give all of my readers [all 2 of them] a heads up to be expecting many more Hitchcock thrillers in the future. I can't even believe I've never watched any of this before!! AAGHHH!!!

I do not think that anyone can even put this film in the same realm as the crap that is made today. I haven't seen a good thriller like this in...well...ever I think. Everything now is just "the gorier, the better", which really isn't the case because that kind of crap doesn't freak you out for a good week straight. Dial "M" for Murder didn't freak me out, but I still kept guessing and guessing and could not keep up with it! I haven't seen a movie do that in..well..ever!! [Ok...maybe in Hide and Seek I was a teensy bit scared, but that was the lamest, most cop-outest-ending ever!].

Tony Wendice thinks he's got it allllllll figured out. He thinks he's got the blackmail of all blackmails, the plan of all plans!! He even gets you into thinking poor Swan/Lesgate/Wilson/Adams is totally screwed, too. At their first and only encounter throughout the film, Tony paints a pretty good picture of how this will all work out, and why it will due to his avid..."research" all while obsessively wiping down everything that poor Lesgate has touched to avoid traces of fingerprints [because that's how they always catch the criminal!]. It is seemingly a foil-proof plan, but it starts to crumble when unsuspecting Margot thinks she might go out to a movie while the gentlemen go out for their drink [darn women, always ruining everything!]. And so carries on the film (I can't give away any more!! JUST watch it, dammit!)

I have to say again how brilliant this is. You see the oh-so-crafty Tony keep trying to make this work out his way, but the one thing I did guess right was that the Inspector called his bullshit [which could be one of many!], and unfortunate Margot kept being pushed and pulled making your own mind go every which way!! Yikes! Overall, I feel like my culture level has just plummeted due to the notion that I've never viewed this film before.

The oh-so-humble combing of the mustache was brilliant. If there's one thing to sit through this movie for, it's that. Oh, and the great dialogue/plot/etc etc. Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment