Wednesday, June 16, 2010

Nick and Norah's Infinite Playlist

Michael Cera....I hope one day to see you in a movie where you play a DIFFERENT type of character! Maybe a different angsty teen or something...I'm sure that would broaden your horizon! Sheesh!

Well, this starts of with Nick (Cera) taking a "personal day" and calling his ex-girlfriend and leaving agonizing voicemails and making ridiculous mixes for her and just overall being an angsty depressing high schooler. His (gay) friends come over and force him out of his house to go on an adventure to find some band called "Fluffy" playing a secret show somewhere in New York City. A chance encounter with Norah, who just so-happens to be one of Nick's ex's good (fake) friends leads to the next 2-hour long drama-filled "she-said-he-said" obnoxiousness. I'm so glad I'm not in high school anymore.

I do have to admit though, it was a pretty cute flick. I was roped in only because I wanted to make sure drunk Caroline got home ok. I'm sure all the hipster indie-kids are all like "OMG I KNOW THIS BAND AND I LOVE IT BECAUSE I'VE HEARD OF THEM SIX MONTHS AGO AND NOW THEY'RE ON THE RADIO AND I CAN'T LISTEN TO IT ANYMORE!"

Also...get a new freaking piece of gum, dammit! That is so nasty! I have never ever had a piece of gum last for more than 30 minutes, let alone survive the chomping of more than 3 mouths. Gross!

No comments:

Post a Comment